Wednesday, January 12, 2011

CPS 200 - sympathy card

The CPS sketch this week is really nice, very versatile.  I was glad to have it to help me with this sympathy card, which will unfortunately be getting used right away for a family friend whose father passed away a couple of days ago. 


I used PTI YOF: Lily of the Valley, Turning a New Leaf, and Round and Round, along with the "thinking of you" sentiment from Verve.  I dusted off my heat tool and heat-embossed the leaf image on the background, something I rarely do.  I love how it turned out though. Also used the eyelet border die and the woodgrain impression plate.

Here is the original sketch, and thanks for looking!



7 comments:

Kara said...

love that focal point..the shape and the colors.....great card!

Janelle said...

This is really beautiful, Debbie. I love how you used the lily of the valley. Every element is really great. (Sorry you have to use it, though...)

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful!!! Simply Beautiful!!

Stephanie said...

This turned out so, so beautiful. I'm sure the family will really appreciate it. It's so hard to make a sympathy card when it hits so close to home. Great job on this one.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Deb. I was going to ask you what the heck a heart tool was, until I re-read that line... hee hee...

nancy said...

I need to make it over this way more often. You post frequently with cards I want to see. Sympathy card are difficult to get just right, but you have done so.

Anonymous said...

Love this card! I think I'm going to have to make a card with the clear embossing powder. Everything just fits so nicely together.