Tuesday, January 18, 2011

a colorful happy birthday card

Just a quick post... I wanted to share this bright and cheery (I hope!) birthday card! I used PTI's Take Three die, which I really want to try to utilize more. I've seen some awesome cards, using the die to create a "window" effect, which is obviously not what I did here, lol.


But, I'm still happy with how this came out. I also used one of the Banner Border dies - these are such a fun and easy accent for a card!  The stamps are YOF: Lily of the Valley, colored with Copics in colors to match the Orange Zest, Hibiscus Burst, and Spring Rain cardstock; and the Sheet Music Background stamp.  The sentiment is a combination of PTI ("happy birthday") and Verve.

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colors! I really need to get the banner border dies - they are so beautiful on cards!

Kara said...

wow!! love the vibrant coloring and the three little windows!

Mariana said...

What a cheery card! I love the colors and the music background! Great coloring too!

Kay D said...

Ooh, this one made my heart beat a little faster! Lily of the Valley is my FAVORITE YOF set, and I am totally in love with how you used it. It is absolutely beautiful, and I think I feel a CASE coming on. : )

Laurie said...

Those bright colors are awesome! And that music? LOVE! So pretty!!

Lindsay said...

Love this Debbie! Oh how fun!

Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness!!! Love the colors, the use of the banner dies. Going in my keeper file.

Trees said...

Wow! What a creative card. I love how you used the die cuts, I would have never thought of that.

DF said...

Ooooh - love those colourful lilly of the valleys.

Linda Suarez said...

So pretty! Those flowers work so well with this die. You did a great job on this card!

KellyS said...

Absolutely stunning! Love those colors together, it is just perfect!

Jingle said...

This is really pretty! I can totally see why you like it!

Jen Carter said...

I really like how you used that die! Your coloring is so pretty!