Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge #82

I'm so excited to be playing along for the first time on a Waltzingmouse Stamps sketch challenge! I have oogled and admired the stamps for a while, and just finally ordered some in December. I can't wait to add more to my collection! You can see the WMSC82 Sketch at the bottom of this post.

One of the sets I got and couldn't wait to ink up was A Cottage Home. I couldn't resist that little house, all fairy-tale-ish and begging to be colored! :) My color scheme is PTI Hawaiian Shores, Orange Zest, and Lemon Tart. 


I used Copics to color the large house and also the smaller "inset" image, which I hand-cut and then popped up on dimensional adhesive. I also used the decorative scrolly "hinge" image from the set to embellish my scalloped border. I also used Very Vintage Labels No. 4. for the frame on the sentiment die-cut, and popped it up as well.



And here is the sketch, which I turned on it's side:

I still haven't inked up all of my new WMS goodies, so I'm looking forward to playing along again soon! Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

mgpm said...

Fabulous! I love that stamp...and the colors you used are so vibrant and fresh. Do I see a trend here in you liking those colors!? I see why, you use them to great effect!

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful card. I love your color scheme. You always have the best, brightest cards. Your blog is like a whiff of sunshine on my computer.

Renee said...

Such a gorgeous card!!
The colors are stunning...
love how you flipped the sketch!
Your coloring is fabby...
just all makes a gorgeous card!
Thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC...
and hope to see you again! :)

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous, your coloring is awesome!

enjoy *~*

Kelly S. said...

Ohhh I am so glad you are playing along, Debbie! This is an amazing sketch entry...I never ever ever tire of seeing that cottage all colored up like candy :) You did a gorgeous job with those hues :) Love how you used this week's sketch turned like that! Can't wait to see what's up next...hee!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, love everything!! The way you interpreted the layout, the stamps you chose and your colouring - an extra special card in this week's gallery :) Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week! xo

Deborah Frings said...

Love the colours you've used on your card - so bright and cheerful! The tiled roof is super!! Love the scalloped border too!

Julia Aston said...

what pretty colors on your lovely cottage!

Kim Duran said...

Gorgeous! Wow! I love the bold and bright colors you've used. And that house is just perfectly colored too! Such a fun and happy card! I love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Linda Suarez said...

Congrats on being a top mouse! Great card! I love how you popped out the front of the cottage.

Cathy McGrath said...

Congratulations on being a Top Mouse. Your card is truly beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh!! what a treat of a card!! this is superb Debbie, thank you so much for playing along!!