Wednesday, February 8, 2012

PTI Anniversary Color Challenge!

Well the PTI Anniversary festivities continue, and today's challenge is all about color. Each of the designers shared a favorite color combo and then we pick one and use it for a project. Now, I was thrilled to have a color challenge and so many options to pick from, as I do tend to find myself reaching for the same colors time and time again - usually a combo of an orange (Orange Zest or Canyon Clay) and a blue or aqua (Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist or Spring Rain). So I promised myself that I would not pick a combo that had more than one of my most-used colors! I ending up choosing Lisa Johnson's combo: Kraft, Pure Poppy, Spring Moss and Aqua Mist.

I made a larger, 5x7 card, using Turning a New Leaf, Celebrations, and the sentiment from YOF: Lily of the Valley (which fit so nicely in the Celebrations frame!).


The panel and the frame are both popped up on dimensional adhesive.


Twine and a button always makes for a simple finishing touch!


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

This is really pretty. You did a great job with colors that are not your usual style.