Sunday, February 5, 2012

and the PTI Anniversary Festivities BEGIN!

As any die-hard Papertrey Ink fan knows :) February is PTI's "anniversary month" and there are always lots of fun things going on to commemorate the occasion! This year will mark PTI's 5th year, and Nichole has rolled out the first of the sneak peeks, along with an awesome challenge on her blog today! Each design team member shared a favorite PTI project and a list of their favorite PTI products. For the challenge, Nichole invited us to choose one of the DT favorite projects and use it as inspiration for our own project! Oh my, what a tough choice to pick one, because the PTI design team is such an amazingly talented group and all of their shared projects were inspiring! But I had to go with Lisa Johnson, since her card really jumped out at me!  (See her card at the bottom of this post.)

I wanted to use Lisa's basic layout as my starting point, but change up the colors and certain elements and change it to a birthday card. I liked her use of Kraft and Vintage Cream as neutrals, but I added Hawaiian Shores and Canyon Clay in my color palette. (My photos came out awfully bright, but that IS vintage cream, lol.) I used Celebrations, and grabbed the word "birthday" from Birthday Basics. Background Basics: Tin Types and Circles, and Mat Stack 5 Collection also got to come out to play. I changed the dies I used for the focal point (Mat Stack 5 and the Happy Day die, which coordinates with it so nicely!). 

I popped up the "Celebrate" strip and also the Mat Stack 5 and the sentiment layer on foam adhesive.



Here is Lisa's card, which I used as my inspiration:


What a fun challenge this was! The PTI design team is always so full of inspiration, tips and ideas, month after month. Thanks for all that you do!

And thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Your card is sooo pretty! I love those colors together!! Can't wait to have that Celebrate set at home also, and now that I see it with you, I see that the Happy Day die is so perfect with this, oeh, it's coming on my wishlist as well, ha ha! That always happens when I see such pretty cards, my wishlist gets longer, ha ha!! Love this one, Debbie!
Hugs, Wendy

Tracey said...

Oh wow!!! This is AWESOME!!! LOVE your card and colour combo!!!

Sheryl Berglund said...

Great card! I love those colors together. Another card to pin!

Suzanne Russell said...

Well, Debbie-another fabulous card from you! No surprise here. Love your bold and colorful take on Lisa's inspiration!

Marybeth said...

Love your take on the card. Love the colors too!