Saturday, February 11, 2012

PTI Anniversary Continues: Hearts-A-Plenty!

It's a cold, blustery, snowy day here in the Pittsburgh area, but that's ok! I don't have to go anywhere, and it's just a perfect day for hanging out at my craft table! :) As the Anniversary month countdown continues at PTI today, Nichole issued a fun and timely challenge for today: create a project that incorporates hearts! I couldn't wait to get to it, since I had an idea for hubby's Valentine's Day card and hadn't actually sat down to work on it yet! :)


My color palette is Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy and Hawaiian Shores. I just knew I wanted to use that gorgeous tree from Love and Marriage, and I remembered how Betsy Veldman added the fun little heart to the tree trunk during the countdown. The sentiment is from the same set, and the little row of teeny hearts is from Tag-Its #11. I used the heart border die (fast becoming a favorite for me!) two ways: as the heart border between the image and sentiment portions of the card, and as the teeny little scallops peeking out from the edges. I layered the Mat Stack 5 and Layerz dies and then trimmed the top off, for the sentiment panel.

The whole image/heart border/sentiment panel is popped up on dimensional adhesive. Here's a close-up of the fun heart at the bottom (which is also popped up). I cut it with the medium die in the Heart Prints die collection, and then stamped it with the tree image so that it would coordinate with the tree on the card. I really love how it turned out - it's fun to find images that work in ways that you might not have originally thought of!


Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Sue Ann said...

I LOVE THIS DEBBIE .......... SO BEAUTIFUL. I just had the same set out thinking of how to use "You complete me" we watch Austin Powers all the time so this would be hysterical

Nancy Guse said...

These colors are gorgeous together, very striking!! This card is beautiful!

Inkyfingers said...

Wow Debbie, this is gorgeous. I love how you have incorporated so many dies but the mat stack die use has to take the prize for creativity!

Gina said...

I love these colors together and think they make a great, masculine Valentine. Your creativity blows. me. away!!! Everytime!!! Beautiful!!!!

mgpm said...

Beautiful work...you really have a wonderful eye for picking colors that look great together. Unexpected and wonderful!

Jennifer K said...

So pretty, Debbie. I just love red and teal together - such energy!

Joyce said...

Oh, boy. This one is gorgeous, too.

Jessica Wekenman said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about this! The colors, how you made the sentiment panel! I am totally going to CASE this as my Valentines card for my hubby!

missy said...

This is fantastic!