Saturday, February 19, 2011

getting my Diva on with Verve!

How awesome, I ask you, is the new Verve Get Your Diva On challenge!?! I almost missed this, but I'm so glad I saw it and decided to play along! Charmaine issued an Inspiration Challenge, where we are to take inspiration - in some form - from this photo:


For my card, I wanted to use To the Moon, because I LUV IT, and I hadn't used the sweet little elephant in it yet and thought that little cutie patootie would look so sweet in pink! I didn't want to do another baby card though, and I didn't necessarily want it to be all Valentine-y either, so I used the "hugs & smiles" sentiment from Kind Words, because after all, doesn't that little elephant look like he would come bearing hugs and smiles??


OK, let's talk about the inspiration! First, obviously, I used the color scheme in the photo - varying shades of pink, and white. I also thought the little beads on the heart in the photo reminded me of the pearl gems that I added to the top of my card.

Now, about the sweet little frame around my elephant friend - how cool is that? I have to give a major shout-out to Verve Diva Tosha Leyendekker for that idea. When I saw how she used the Labels 12 and Square Nesties to create a frame that perfectly fit the stamp, I... uhm... well... I went right out and purchased the Labels 12 and Square Nesties! LOL! So I cut the frame, but the whole inspiration photo has a sense of "sparkle" to me, so I heat-embossed the frame and then dusted a bit of Perfect Pearls over it... VERY hard to photograph, I tried approximately ump-teen different angles to show the shimmer, but here is the best I could do:


And this photo also gives a better view of my last bit of the inspiration... look at those buttons! I was digging through my pink buttons and saw those, and immediately thought of the pattern on the beautiful crystal wine glass (which looks very similar to my wine glasses, incidentally...lol)! I knew that these are the buttons I need on this card!

Thanks for looking, and thanks so much to Verve and especially Charmaine for the fun and inspiring challenge! 

4 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so adorable, Deb! I think this is my favorite Verve set at the moment!! And Tosh is VERY enabling with her gorgeous creations!!

Suzanne said...

What a sweet card, Debbie. I love everything about it. I just got this set last week, and you've totally inspired me to ink it up.

Jen Carter said...

Ahhhh, how sweet!! This is adorable!! LOVE all the pink and the twine and the sweet buttons. The way you made the frame is great!! Super cute!

Sue Ann said...

TOO CUTE ...... that Elephant is so adorable!!! Fabby card girl!!