Thursday, May 3, 2012

a Thank You from a Choir of Tweet Little Bitty Birds!

I have to explain the story behind this card so that it will make sense! This year at our church/kids' school, the music director launched a brand new Children's Choir, and asked me to help out (because I'm involved in the music ministry and also involved at the school). The kids will sing for the last time this school year at this weekend's Mass for First Holy Communion, so I made this card for the kids to sign for the music director and give him yesterday at our last rehearsal.

The birds are a combination of different ones from Little Bitty Bird and Tweet Talk. I intentionally wanted them to all be a little bit different, because they represent the 20 kids in the choir and each one of them is unique! There is a pink one for each girl and a blue one for each boy, all die-cut and stamped, then colored with Copic markers. Some are bigger and some littler because we have 1st through 7th graders in the choir. :)


Almost everything on the card is from PTI, except for the music-background tag which is from Gina K Designs (coordinates with Spellbinders dies), and the "from all of us" which is from Verve.


I created an inside sentiment using a combination of Simply You and Wonderful Words Additions:


And since it was an oddly sized card (about 9.5"x4.25") and I had to hand-make an envelope, I figured I might as well stamp it to match while I was at it:


I'm super happy with how this project turned out, and the kids all thought it was cute (and were picking out which bird was who, lol). They were excited to give it to the music director, and he seemed to like it and appreciated that all the kids signed it, too.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, how fabulous is this!! I was wondering why you'd need to stamp so many birds (as per your comment on facebook).... but it was well worth it! This is perfect!

carol (krillsister) said...

Awesome! Love the idea of blue and pink birds. This card is adorable. I am sure it was appreciated by the recipient. Very creative.

Carolyne Aarsen said...

So cute and so colourful! I love it.

Cheryl said...

Debbie, this is so great! It's worth all of those crossed-eye moments with the birdies!

merryf said...

This is super-cute! I was wondering what you were going to do with all your cutouts. This is a very creative card!

Suzanne Russell said...

So cute! I love the mixed colors of the birds and the musical frame from Gina K. is a great touch. You pulled it all together on this one!

Melissa said...

Beautiful, creative and fun! Love it!!

Kara said...

so cute...so many birds....i love it!!

Joyce said...

Such a clever card, and I love the story that went with it. You really put so much thought and work into this card, and I'll bet he saves it forever.

Marybeth said...

Debbie ,I would be happy if I made this card too! You created such a sweet personal card. How cute that the kids were choosing which one was them. Your colors for this one are just perfect. I taught second grade CCD for many years at our church, love the kids at that age....little angels. Very nice of you to help out! I bet they sound llike angels.

Cindy H. said...

What a beautiful, sweet card!! It really fits the story behind it:)

Susan said...

Love, love, love this card! So bright and cheerful!