Saturday, May 12, 2012

Make It Monday: Patterned Paper backgrounds

This week's Make It Monday challenge, courtesy of Dawn McVey, is to combine several patterned paper scraps into a background. I have to confess that this one proved more of a challenge than I initially thought! I sat down earlier this week and gathered up several patterned paper bits (some stamped, some printed), and proceeded to push them around on my desk over a few different attempts throughout the week, lol. Then last night I got an idea for a design, and this morning it just came together.

The scraps I incorporated are: Lemon Tart Bitty Blocks; Lemon Tart Damask Designs; Orange Zest Bitty Dots; Faux-Ribbon stamped in Orange Zest and Hawaiian Shores on white; Harvest Berries stamped in Orange Zest and Hawaiian Shores on white; and Hawaiian Shores stamped tone-on-tone with Polka Dot Basics.


I added the Happy Birthday sentiment from Vintage Picnic and the stripes at the bottom from Faux Ribbon.


The patterned paper panel is adhered on foam adhesive and the layered butterfly is adhered and folded for extra dimension. I finished off the panel with three little pearls from Creative Charms.


Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Pretty card, Debbie! I love the mix of colours and patterns!

Luv2talk said...

I visit your BLOG regularly. Just wanted to let you know that I think your stuff ROCKS!

I always know there will be someone AWESOME here. Please keep sharing!

Victoria said...

Such a bright and cheerful card, Debbie! You always make such beautiful creations. You really know how to rock orange and blue together! Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog, too!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Love the pattern papers you chose. Those colors are great.