Friday, May 18, 2012

Make it Monday: Felt Flowers from Border Dies

This week's Make it Monday challenge is to create some sweet little felt flowers from border dies. I got started on this on Monday, but then the week got away from me and my flowers sat there on my stamping table all week until today! Once I found some time today, it came together pretty quickly.

I used the Leafy Vine border die to create my flowers from Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores and Raspberry Fizz felt. I cut the leaves off of one side, leaving a thin strip with the leaves on one side. I rolled it up but made the center "open", not tight, and then sort of fanned out the "petals" and finished the flowers with a coordinating button and twine. I think they turned out pretty cute!


The focal point is a white Mat Stack 4 and a Simply Chartreuse Layerz. I stamped the sentiment from Take Three Summer and then framed it out with Label Basics, and impressed the panel with the woodgrain impression plate. I cut leaves from Turning a new leaf in Simply Chartreuse felt to layer under my flowers, and popped the whole thing up on my card base.


The base is stamped at the top with Polka Dot Basics, and then layered with Raspberry Fizz gingham from the pattern paper pack, an Orange Zest heart border used for the scallops, and an Edger #2 stamped in Polka Dot Basics.


I wrapped an orange ribbon at the top and finished the sentiment with some sweet little clear gems.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

sentsue said...

Love the flowers and your card! Great job on the challenge.

Jill Norwood said...

Your card and flowers are gorgeous! Love how these turned out. Love the button centers! So adorable!

Holly Saveur said...

STUNNING card LOVe it!
Your flowers are so gorgeous much nicer even then Ashley's
LOVE the color combo too!
You always amaze me what you make with the make it mondays!
Greetings from the Netherlands.
Holly.