Saturday, June 22, 2013

A pair of Father's Day Cards

Today I'm sharing the last of the Father's Day cards I made this year, both for my husband - one from me, and one from the kids.

First, for the one from me, I used pattern papers from Simple Stories: Take a Hike 6x6 paper pad. This has some great masculine colors and patterns, which I paired with PTI's Canyon Clay, Kraft, Fine Linen and Dark Chocolate.


The top panel is on foam adhesive. I used PTI's Boutique Borders: Father and Birthday, and World's Greatest to put together the sentiment, and also Modern Wood Mats to coordinate with the Mat Stack 5 and Layerz cut out.   

For the card from the boys, I used paper from My Minds Eye: Follow Your Heart 6x6 paper pad (can you tell that I'm trying to use up more of this patterned paper that I've been "collecting", lol!?). The "DAD" is cut with PTI's Block Alphabet from Limeaid Ice. If you look closely, you'll see a tone-on-tone pattern that I stamped on the letters using Sketched Shapes (the large circle works perfectly, just line up the letter under the circle and stamp). I really like this little added bit of detail. Then I attached the letters to a Framed Out #1 die cut that I stamped with the frame.


The scroll is from Boutique Borders: Father and the "Happy Father's Day" is from World's Greatest, and the "You're the Best" is from Sunflower Bouquet.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sara Mac said...

Debbie these are two wonderful masculine cards! I love the paper and color choices.