Tuesday, April 10, 2012

One more Easter card: Little Bitty Bird rejoices!

I wasn't nearly as good as I wanted to be this year about getting Easter cards made, but I did manage to put this one together for my husband. I'm so happy with how it turned out, and I think it could be used with other sentiments for lots of occasions! I created this sweet little spring scene using a lot of images from a bunch of different PTI sets: Little Bitty Bird (tree branches, bird and music notes) + Additions (birdhouse), Up Up and Away (sun), Distressed Stripes (the birdhouse "post"), Sweet Spring (the butterflies), Love Lives Here (the grass), and Tag-Its 3 (flowers). The sentiment is from Verve's Everlasting Life.


The color combo is mostly Summer Sunrise and Hawaiian Shores. The leaves, bird, butterflies and birdhouse are all colored with Copics.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Francie said...

Debbie, this is great!

Karen C. said...

This is a great scene with so many fun details. I love it when so many stamp sets can be used together.

Marybeth said...

This is a beautiful Easter card and sentiment! Love the bright happy scene you have created. So nice to see the banner of cards you have made across your blog, must make you smile to see how beautiful all your cards are.

Joyce said...

Love this scene you have created. How clever of you to pull from so many different sets.

Jill said...

Aw, Debbie, I love that the Little Bitty Birds are rejoicing too! What a great idea for an out-of-the-box Easter card. I am saving this one for next year. It's adorable!

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Love how you pulled this all together. Great job.

Unknown said...

I love how you can take so many different sets and put them together...and have it work. Love this!

carol (krillsister) said...

So cute! That sun is perfect for the sentiment. Reminds me of the Risen Lord.

Mayol said...

What a lovely scene on your card! i love how you pulled the elements from a lot of different sets.

Jen Adcock said...

What a delight! Debbie, this is such a lovely card. From the rays of the sun to that blessed sentiment...it is all such a perfect picture. Gloriously well done.

Linda said...

Cute.

Michelle Philippi said...

Wow - this is beautiful, Miss Debbie. So much color...and detailwork.....so bright and springy; just delightful.