Monday, May 20, 2013

Make it Monday - Paper Piecing

I'm sharing a card today to play along with this week's Make It Monday - Paper Piecing. I always like the look of paper piecing, but don't utilize the technique very much. since I needed a card for my nephew's upcoming birthday, I thought that Enjoy the Ride would be a fun set to use for this technique.



I pieced the car together using papers from Doodlebug's "Boys Only" 6"x6" paper pad. The car is popped up on my square card base, which I layered with Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Summer Sunrise and Limeaid Ice pattern paper, and a striped paper also from the Doodlebug line. I used a Fabulous Frames die to cut the frame from a piece of the Doodlebug paper - I thought the number pattern was appropriate for birthday theme.


Here's a close-up of the license plate, customized with Simple Alphabet. I just love doing this with Enjoy the Ride! :)



I'm really pleased with how this card turned out - I think it's bright, happy and fun, yet still masculine enough for a boy. I hope my nephew likes it too! I'm so glad that Melissa shared the paper piecing challenge this week - thanks, Melissa!

And thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great card for a boy. Really fun papers and colors. Nice job.

Cathy said...

Great card, love the mix of colours and patterns :) Cathy x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caryn said...

What a great image to paper piece - amazing choice of papers too! I LOVE this MIM - it's the first one I've joined in on for MONTHS!!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Leigh Penner said...

This is fabulous, Debbie! I love that little paper pieced VW bug and how perfectly it fits in the Fabulous Frame diecut!

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

How fun! Love the colors! Excellent card!

Jingle said...

This is SO cute! I love the fun patterns and colors!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love everything about your card - the design & papers come together to create one fun, fun birthday card!

Nancy Penir said...

Cute as a bug in a rug... No wait, it is a bug! Love each and every paper you used. And the frame too!

Linda said...

Such a cute card. Love it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PStanley said...

Very cute! Love the colours. A cheerful card

Susan said...

This is adorable!!