Saturday, March 17, 2012

Make it Monday: Colored Kissing & Color Throwdown 183

I finally got some stamping time in today, so I decided to use it uber-efficiently and kill two challenges with one stone, so to speak! :) The Make it Monday challenge this week is "colored kissing", kiss-stamping a pattern onto a solid stamp to add a colored overlay. I'm also using the color scheme for Color Throwdown 183, which I translated into PTI colors as Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Kraft and Canyon Clay.

For the kissing technique, I added the small line pattern (in Aqua Mist) from A Little Argyle to a car (in Spring Moss) from Enjoy the Ride. I layered Mat Stack 3 and Layerz for the focal point, and used Think Big Favorites for the "celebrate". The edges are all inked up for a more rustic, masculine look.


The Mat Stacks are popped up on dimensional adhesive, and I finished it all off with a Spring Moss button and some rustic twine.


Here is a close-up to better see how the "kissed" pattern worked out.


And here is the Color Throwdown inspiration:


Thanks for stopping by! :)

6 comments:

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful card. I love that little car in argyle. I used this same set for my MIM, only gave him some polka dots.

Joan Ervin said...

What a great technique...at first I thought you did paper piecing on the cute little car!!! Your card is adorable!!! Thanks for joining is for the Color Throwdown!!!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Great card Debbie! Perfect stamp to kiss that little car with. Love the colour combo too. All-round gorgeous!

Thanks so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog - I'll look forward to seeing your results if you do try some pattern building! :o)

boneygirl said...

Such a darling card!

Lisa said...

So cute! Love the sweet polka dots and the fun VW!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a sweet card! So glad you could play along with us at Color Throwdown!