Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Gift Certificate Envelopes

I'm trying to sort of wrap up blogging some of my Christmas projects, so I have two Gift Certificate envelopes to share today. For the first one, I needed to give a rather unattractive certificate that I printed from email, so I wanted to make a nice fancy envelope for it. I created a custom envelope from white cardstock, and then decorated both the front and back. I used Tremendous Treats: Christmas, Winterberry die-cuts, and a Tiny Tag. Here is the front: 



On the back, I added a Doily Details die-cut and a tag that I stamped with an image from Winterberry, after masking the lower part to add the sentiment from Tiny Tags: Christmas. The tag is only adhered to the top part of the envelope, and then I attached a glue dot to the bottom portion, after pressing it against my hand several times to reduce the stickiness. Hopefully the recipients are able to open the flap without too much effort! :)


The other envelope I made was for the boys! For Christmas, we hooked their Wii up to wifi - something they have requested in the past - and also gave them a Wii Points card so that they could download some games. I made a "certificate" up to tell them that the Wii was now online, and attached the Wii Points card to it. This is the envelope I made I hold it, using Tremendous Treats: Christmas, Background Basics: Christmas, a Tiny Tag, and some Spellbinders and PTI dies.



I want to share the back also, as I really like how it worked out. I wanted to just tuck the top flap down into a slit, so before I adhered the envelope together, I put it through my Big Shot machine with a Spellbinders die, just going in enough to cut the decorative slit on the lower flap. Then I reversed to crank it back out. I really like how it turned out!


As always, thanks for looking! And have a safe and happy New Year!

6 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Two great envelopes. The colors on the first one are great. Love how you used the winterberry die.

Lisa H said...

you make beautiful things Debbie! =)

Joyce said...

Oh, these are wonderful. I love how you did the die cut on that second envelope. It adds such a professional touch. What a great idea--to make an envelope. I'll have to remember that, next time I have a gift cert.

Suzanne Russell said...

These are really great envelopes. Thanks especially for the tip on creating the decorative slit on the back! I am sure I'll try that one. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Terri said...

They are both great! I especially like the one with the penguin, very cute. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Jen Adcock said...

Gosh these are beautiful. I love how both are so perfectly finished off. The decorative slits complete with the To: & From: (genius!) look so top shelf.

Happy New Year!