Saturday, November 26, 2011

Another Make It Monday: Background from Sentiment Stamps

I managed to get another card finished for the current Make It Monday challenge! I used a combination of images and sentiments from Nativity Silhouettes and Star of Wonder. I just love how these two sets coordinate so beautifully together! The card base and the rectangular panel are Soft Stone, and I sponge-inked the edges of the panel with light blue and then a darker blue just on the edge. I stamped the sentiment a few times, stamping off each time first.  


I stamped the sunburst in dark blue on the panel and on the Spring Rain half-and-half strip, both times stamping off lightly first. I also stamped it using versamark ink on Spring Rain cardstock, and then stamped the circular image in dark blue on top, and punched it out. I lined up the panel, the strip and the circle so that the sunburst images were lined up, with the circle popped up on dimensional adhesive.


I matted the panel on Enchanted Evening, added the scalloped patterned paper strip (Echo Park), and some gems.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

I love your card! It is so beautiful - I too love these two stamp sets! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty, you've done a wonderful job with the technique!!!

Julie said...

Lovely card. The background stamping adds impact! I love the sunburst on the focal pint and behind! Great detail.