Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy FIRST birthday to my sweet and beautiful niece!

My adorable little niece turns ONE today! Happy Birthday Jessica! I used Big Birthday Wishes for this card, along with the By the Number dies and some fun Echo Park patterned paper. My favorite Doily Details die created a pretty layer for the focal point.



I finished the inside too and added that cute little cupcake from Tiny Treats: Birthday. I have to confess, though, that the addition of the cupcake all stemmed from stamper error. I originally stamped the "happy birthday" directly on the inside of the card, but a big blob of ink smudged from the corner of my acrylic block. I HATE THAT! I had to fix it (the front of the card was already completed) so I cut the little white rectangle to stamp the sentiment on, but then felt like it needed something else - voila, cupcake + Copics and problem is solved! :)


Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Happy birthday to your niece. I'm sure she will love this card. Even 1 year olds can recognize that a cupcake means happy birthday. I sympathize with your story about the inside of a card. I have had things like that happen countless times, and it just forces another bout of creativity.

Kara said...

really sweet debbie!!

Arlene said...

Super sweet card Debbie! Happy Birthday to your niece! :)

Anonymous said...

(Jessica's Daddy says)

Just noticed this blogpost - we loved the card, as usual, and Jessica says to say "gah goohg ooh? glah baglemah!" :)