Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Stamp-a-faire Challenge #10

Nichole has offered up one last Stamp-A-Faire challenge, and kindly given extra time to get it posted! This last chaellenge is to "add a stamped focal point over a stamped background, all in the same layer!" I just love this challenge, as I've been trying to do more layered stamping.... I love the look!

So I decided to start my layering with BB: Sheet Music, one of my favorite sets, and it hasn't seen the love that it deserves lately. I layered a branch from Little Bitty Bird, and the sweet little birdie, who is popped up on foam adhesive and shaded in just a bit with Copics. I added the sentiment from Make A Wish, again layering it right on top of the focal point.  


All of this was stitched onto a kraft panel that I impressed with the woodgrain Impression Plate, then added a strip of Pink Paislee patterned paper, before adhering it to my spring rain card base. I sort of imagine that the music is giving the impression of that sweet Little Bitty Bird singing the "happy birthday to you" to the recipient! :)



Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Kara said...

very cute, love the stamps you chose to layer!!

Sue Lelli said...

This is VERY VERY CUTE! LOVE the wood grain border and the sheet music and the birdie! SUPER card!

Gina said...

So precious! The stamps you layered are perfect together!!

Jingle said...

This is adorable! Love it!

Mad for Paper said...

This is great. I love the wood grain scallops.
TFS
Ang

Elena said...

very cute! I love the music background for those birds - such a natural combination!

DF said...

Very sweet!

Joyce said...

This is so sweet. I love the little birds, and how the sentiment color matches the birds.

Suzanne said...

Cute, cute, cute. The woodgrain, music notes, and bitty bird go together beautifully. Excellent choices, Debbie. :)