Tuesday, June 2, 2009

seeing beauty through the eyes of love



This page is for the Allyscraps Blog May Design Team reveal! Each DT member chose a challenge that one of the other DT'ers did for our crop on May 9. I used Dana's challenge, which was to choose 3 sources of inspiration and use them to create the layout. My three inspirations were:
1. The Scrap Within Reach “Cottage” line with it’s dandelion theme – perfect for these SWEET pictures of my little Tyler, who loves to bring me these pretty little “flowers” at every available opportunity!
2. Stitching: I don’t sew on my pages often enough! Every time I see it, like on this awesome page by Guest DT Jana, or this great page by forum member Tina, I think that I really should do it more often!
3. Die-cut “bracket” style paper: these shaped papers are so popular and I just love them! So I used my Pazzles and a print-and-cut technique to create my shaped journaling block in this fun style!

Journaling:
“Here Mommy, I picked a flower for you!” I know that these bright little yellow “flowers” are really weeds, and Daddy would like nothing better than to rid our yard of them. Still, I’m kind of glad that there are always a few to be found. You gather them up as you walk from the bus up to the front door, and then gleefully hold them out for me with that sweet, loving smile. To you, they are a thing of beauty and a chance to give me a gift full of pure love. I love these sweet flowers, when they come from your heart.

3 comments:

Jingle said...

I love it! Very nice work! Those colors are wonderful!

Joodie said...

How perfect are those dandelion papers? I always thought the bright "weeds" were beautiful, too, just like this page!

robin.christine said...

I love this page, the colors, the dandelions, its beautiful. You've got a great style!!