Friday, June 7, 2013

A Thank You for the Teacher

Are your kiddos finished with school for the summer? Usually mine would be by now, but they had a late start last fall due to renovations in their building... so they go through next Thursday! I told them last August when they were enjoying the extra time off, just remember - you'll be paying this back in June! ;) LOL! But anyway... I wanted to share a card I made for one of the teachers, to whom the class was giving a gift card. The main set I used was Teach & Inspire, with a little bit of School Time thrown in. The "you're the best" is from Tiny Tags 2. My colors are Pure Puppy, Limeaid Ice, Enchanted Evening and Summer Sunrise.


The chevron focal point was hand cut and then adhered with foam tape, after I added the pencil.


I added the Tiny Tag with a little brad.


Here's a tip - one of those things that might be obvious, but it felt like such a light-bulb moment when I thought of it that I wanted to share! I wanted to hand-stamp the apples for the background, but they just weren't turning out right. Then I thought to use my Hexagon Cover Plate die to create a sort of "stencil" to use as a guide to the apple placement. It worked perfectly! I'm definitely going to remember this little trick and use it again. I'm sure other cover plates would work too, to create differently-spaced patterns or for other small images!


Thanks for stopping by, and happy summer!

No comments: